METCAP - Metrology and Calibration Accreditation Program - National Standard ANSI/NCSL Z540.3 subclause 5.3
L-A-B METCAP Metrology and Calibration Accreditation Program
Laboratory Accreditation Bureau is proud to announce METCAP for both calibration and testing labs. This Metrology and Calibration Accreditation Program is for those ISO/IEC 17025 accredited laboratories who want to be found in compliance with subclause 5.3 of the National Standard ANSI/NCSL Z540.3-2006.
METCAP Laboratories control their own measuring and test equipment to the highest of National Standards and in doing so may utilize the L-A-B METCAP mark to show their compliance to subclause 5.3 of ANSI/NCSL Z540.3-2006 and their accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2005. METCAP Laboratories apply the requirements of subclause 5.3 to their own Measuring and Test Equipment (M&TE) and calculate the Probability of False Acceptance (PFA) for their own M&TE.
L-A-B has developed Program Requirements Documents, Guidance Documents, and Checklists to allow any accredited lab to achieve this high level of National Achievement. With this National Achievement to a National Standard laboratories will be able to provide data to those specifying Z540.3 and Z540-1.
- Be Accredited to a National Standard for Regulators and Specifiers requirements
- Meet the Z540.3 Requirements of the United States Navy and NASA and others
- Control your Measuring and Test Equipment Quality and Reduce the Cost of Maintaining the Equipment
- Utilize the L-A-B METCAP symbol to promote your laboratory business in the marketplace
How do I become METCAP Accredited
- Apply by clicking on the "Request a Quote" button at the top of the page and fill out an application
- If you want to learn more about the program click on the "METCAP Program Requirements Cover Page" and request a copy to be sent immediately for your review. L-A-B will also send you a Guidance Document to walk you through all the steps of adding this to your current scope or helping you with a new Scope of Accreditation.
Links to Additional Information for the ANSI/NCSL Z540.3 and the L-A-B METCAP program
- ANSI/NCSL Z540.3-2006 Requirements for the calibration of measuring and test equipment
- Handbook for the Application of ANSI/NCSL Z540.3-2006 Requirements for the calibration of measuring and test equipment
- International Vocabulary of Basic and General Terms in Metrology (VIM)
- ASME B18.104.22.168-2001
- Integrated Sciences Group Articles and Papers
- NCSLI Z540 Standard Writing Committee Meeting
- NIST Technical Note 1297 "Guidelines for Evaluating and Expressing the Uncertainty of NIST Measurement Results."